The list below is not comprehensive - please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Audit engagements offer the highest level of assurance to third parties and include in-depth assessment of the risk of material misstatement of financial statement balances, examination and confirmation of key account balances and assessment of internal controls.
Review engagements provide limited assurance to outside interests regarding financial statements. Our work involves inquiries and analytical procedures to assess the plausibility of the financial statements and compliance with Canadian generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Compilations differ from reviews and audits as they are based upon client information provided and are used primarily for tax reporting and internal use as no assurance is expressed. Preparation of the financial statements often involves providing accounting assistance to management.
From start ups to established enterprises, businesses rely on accurate and insightful financial information in order to maintain profitability, stay in compliance with reporting requirements to the CRA and other third parties, and to capitalize on new opportunities.
We can help you with the organization and day to day tasks of bookkeeping so that you can focus on your business.
• Assistance on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually) or as-needed to keep your books balanced and up to date.
• Bookkeepers through to controller level services available
• Services provided in-house or on-site
• Payroll services provided or consulting on specific issues
• Quickbook and Simply Accounting pro-advisors on staff to assist with software related issues
Cash Flow & Budgeting Analysis
A business can be profitable and still run into trouble due to cash flow issues. We can forecast and evaluate your company's financial condition, estimate financing requirements, and track cash-flow sources and uses.
Whether you are concerned about your business or personal taxes, we can offer you practical tax advice to help you keep more of your money. For our clients we always consider the “big picture”. That is, we look at your corporation, proprietorship or partnership and you and your family when it comes to income tax. We work to integrate all of these so that the amount of tax that is paid by your family is kept to the minimum as required by law. Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
* Tax planning for individuals and corporations
* Return preparation for Individuals, Corporations, Estates, Trusts and Not-for-profit organizations
* GST and HST planning and compliance
* Tax effects of buying/selling a business
* Tax effective retirement and estate planning
* Owner-manager remuneration strategies
* Business start-up decisions - legal form, share ownership etc.
* Corporate reorganizations
Purchase and Sale of a Business
Preparation and planning are key to the successful purchase or sale of a business. Our team can assist you with all aspects your transaction, including valuation, cash flow analysis, tax minimization and transition planning.
In the early stages of a new business, we work with owners and managers to establish relationships with lenders, lawyers and other business contacts important in the start-up phase. We assist with business planning, structuring management and owner compensation, and the counseling and coaching needed in the areas related to the financial aspects of getting the business up and running.
As a business matures and diversifies, we are there with taxation advice and consulting advice on mergers, joint ventures and partnerships.
When the time is right to sell the business, we can work with owner managers to establish value and generally work with clients to divest of the business. As a full-service professional team, we have developed a depth of experience and knowledge of the business community that is very valuable to clients as they move their businesses toward growth and prosperity.
The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
* Buying and selling a business
* Business start up planning
* Cash flow analyses and budget development
* Succession planning
* Estate planning
* Shareholder agreements